If you get the following error while booting from xp cd, you need to burn a new xp cd as give below.
"A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SUT DOWN TO PREVENT
DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER
IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE SEEN THIS ERROR SCREEN RESTART YOUR
COMPUTER. IF THIS SCREEN APPEARS AGAIN FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
CHECK FOR VIRUSES ON YOUR COMPUTER. REMOVE ANY NEWLY INSTALLED HARD
DRIVES OR HARD DRIVE CONTROLLERS. CHECK YOUR HARD DRIVE TO MAKES SURE IT
IS PROPERLY CONFIGURED AND TERMINATED.
RUN CHKDISK /F TO CHECK FOR HARDDRIVE CORRUPTION, AND THEN RESTART YOUR
***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0X00000000) "
Steps to do:
1. First of all it is absolutely necessary to create Vista Recovery DVDs!!!!
2. be sure there are the XP device drivers
4. Create a “SATA” directory and unpack the driver file downloaded from hp in it..
If the “SATA” file, is an EXE file, unpack it with the command:
START -> RUN -> CMD
C:\sata\FILENAME.exe -a -a -pc:\sata
This command is a sort of fictional installation that does not write anything on the system.
5. Download and install NLITE
6. Create a “XP” directory and (copy) unpack the ISO cd within the same directory.
7.Create also a “XPnLite” directory, where NLITE will create a bootable modified XP image.
8. Start N-lite
9. Browse and search the “I386″ directory.
10. Choosing a destination directory
11. Click on NEXT and in Task Selection, choose Drivers and Bootable ISO
click on NEXT
12. In “Driver“ tag, click on “insert” and choose “multiple drivers” and point to where you have unpacked the drivers for inyel or amd. (example c:\sata\drivers)
(Be careful to the driver path. Choose the correct driver If the PC architecture is a 64 bit Architecture, you must point to 64 bit drivers (example: C:\sata\Driver64)
Choose “ALL” to confirm the inclusion of driver and when the list of driver it appears, choose “Driver Textmode”. Hold on the CTRL button and select them all.
13. Press OK
14. When Nlite has developed and calculated the size of the new Iso, press Next
15 Press “Create ISO” and point to the “C:\XPnlite” directory.
16. When NLITE has finished to create the new SATA-drivers-implemented ISO, burn the iso with the nero or poweriso.
17. Reboot the system using the newly made windows XP cd.